Following on from NCM 2018 we are delighted to offer more cash supports for Teachers interested in trying out a Chess Jamboree in 2019. To register for a grant email us at .. firstname.lastname@example.org .
Continuing Support for Schools Chess in Ireland :
(1) The Getting Started page is especially teachers and students playing chess for the very first time. There are easy to play mini-games for classes. The page also contains a (click to download) Teachers-Booklet which gives ideas and an activity plan to use games as part of the Irish education curriculum.
(2) NCM ran for November 2018. Many schools participated and had their first experience of chess as an educational tool. Details and photo’s on our facebook page. We are planning a follow up event again in November 2019.
(3) To support Teachers new to chess during National Chess Month (Nov. 2018) Education Centers around the country hosted Teacher Training Workshops. Contact us to register your interest and we’ll organise a workshop in your area.
(4) For schools with some chess playing experience please see the Going Further page. With content for students wishing to develop their thinking skills and Chess coaches. There are 20 FREE memberships of Chessossity.com available for Teachers. This page also includes details of chess competitions available to schools in Ireland.
(5) On the final page there are some links to equipment suppliers and details of National chess Organisations in Ireland. There are also some free resources for Teachers and Students.
Moves for Life :
A project with the aim of introducing chess as an educational tool to as many children as possible in Ireland, principally through supporting teachers. The idea is that children be taught mini-games based on chess and that social-emotional and intellectual skills are the prime focus. While some children individually and some schools may eventually adopt chess as a competitive hobby, Moves For Life seeks to encourage all to play and have fun, and enables teachers to use chess to further thinking / social skills.