Congratulations to St. Mary’s of haddington Rd. Dublin on a 3-in-a-row as All-Ireland champions at primary school level. Pictured below, this team has 3 (or mayybe it’s 4 Irish international player) in their line up !
Congratulations to St. Mary’s N.S. Donnybrook who became only the 2nd ever winner of the Cronin Cup. The top teams from the tournament qualified for the semi-finals.
St. Rapheala’s Dublin played against Clairnbridge Galway, the match was a draw 2-2 and St. Rapheala’s progressed on a tie break. In the other Semi St. Marys eliminated last years champions from Craughwell Co. Galway on a score of 3-1.
Moves for Life :
Using chess to educate Irish school children by supporting teachers and schools. Moves For Life encourages everyone to play and have fun, and enables teachers to use chess to teach further thinking and social skills.
Features for teachers and Schools :
(1) Getting Started is for teachers & students playing chess for the first time.
(2) NCM runs every November (details on .. FB)
(3) Education Centers around the country hosted Teacher Training Workshops.
(4) For going further with chess see Advanced Chess.
(5) Links to equipment suppliers.