ETNS Knocknacarra hosted a jamboree on Tuesday 19th Nov. Most students who played are still learning the basics .. plans are to extend this event to more schools next year. The next step for these young players is most likely the ficheall.ie regional matches in February 2020.
.. the following schools who have started their students solving chess puzzles on Chessossity.com and are now included in our prize draws to be held in early December after NCM.
|St. Joseph’s Co-ed. Primary School|
|Scoil An Linbh Íosa|
|Mary Help of Christians GNS|
Participating teachers can win a voucher for up to € 500.00 for chess equipment, with many more prises of € 100.00 . To qualify for the draw in early December email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or join the National Chess Month facebook page and tell us how your class used chess during Nov. 2019. Here’s some ideas of what you can do:
- Join in one of our free teacher training evenings at you’re local Education Centre.
- Play one of the 14 mini-games with your class, demo videos are on our getting started page.
- Participate in one of our Monster Chess Jamborees. IF you’d like to organise your own Jamboree .. email us and we will give you financial support.
- Chalenge another class or school to a match.
- For students who already know how to play chess .. Get free access to Chessossity.com until 7th of December, your students can then practice their thinking skills in a safe environment .. for details have a look at the short videos on the going further page above.
- See Intouch magazine for ideas on how to use chess for Maths Week.
If you are totally new to chess .. Great !! Have a look at the getting started page for some fun beginner games.